First of all, to be honest, it was much like any other day. I say that not in a downer sort of way but in a good way. I say that because I purposefully wanted today to be pretty much like any other day, just with a bit more mindfulness of the happiness cause than usual...(which is saying something in my case!)
Also, on the face of it I don't really feel like I really did much, or achieved much, or got anything done today. But when I look at the list below, all the little things really add up. Reading it back made me smile. Reading it out to my husband made him smile. Happiness spread: job done already!
So, with all that in mind, here are all the bits and bobs I did today to live and spread happiness in my own little way. Happy Day, as lived by me:
- A generous helping of sharing, shouting, tweeting and blogging about happiness, #happyday #happy heroes and all related happiness shenanigans. I would apologise to anybody on the receiving end of my bombardment but I shan't. It's good for you so there.
- 2 good deeds involving things I find tiresome and boring but that I know the recipients will really appreciate.
- One bit of cruddy news threatening to turn day sour, re-framed
- A sprinkle of smile therapy to help with the above: Saw a cloud, looked on the bright side
- Made a new friend :)
- Chatted with my nearest and dearest about nothing in general, just because
- A trio of grandparents grateful for a call and up to date with my news
- Up and out of bed early to make the most of the day
- (Then got stuck doing one of earlier mentioned deeds thanks to v slow computer but am reframing that to 'flow'!)
- Actively decided not to stress and not to pursue thinking that I know leads to stress, something I am particularly susceptible to. Am hoping I can carry that one through to tomorrow and its looming deadline or I'm in trouble.
- Ate well, tidied home, moved around
- Finally mastered something I've been struggling with for ages. Woo hoo!
- Got outside in the fresh air and walked around aimlessly just taking it all in
- Smiled at everybody and nobody in particular...it helps if they'll actually make eye contact but when they do, it works
- Said I love you to three different people (all relatives, just to clarify!)
- Treated myself to some cheap and cheerful tulips and some new (in the sale) bath oil to soak in later
- Left a penny for somebody else to find
- Left some change in the self check out coin tray to cheer up the next weary shopper
- Took my time poring over a new book
- Lingered outside a pretty shop window enjoying the spring display (since 'tis also the spring Equinox today)
- Gave my husband a great big hug after a long and silly day at work
- Snuggled down in front of some nice cooking programmes and a series we're watching together
- Shared it all with you.
Nothing big. Nothing earth shattering. Nothing special. But all with happiness in mind, and happiness in my heart.
If I have made even just one person a teeny weeny smidgeon happier today, then I have done my bit and I can go to bed happy.
Sweet dreams x