Saturday 24 March 2012

whether the weather...

Isn't it a beautiful day!

I know the theory is that external circumstances don't really have too much to do with our happiness levels, but come on, surely this weather helps?

I had to be up and out of the house early this morning for physio and it was glorious already at 10am. Then I walked back via the park and just moseyed around with my sunnies and just a t-shirt on (well, I had jeans on too!). Lovely. I enjoyed shopping in Sainsburys (unheard of) picking out all sorts of nice healthy things to make and I even enjoyed lugging it all back home again through town, smiling at everybody I passed. (They'll probably come to collect me later to cart me off to the home). As soon as I got in I flung open all the windows and doors to let the lovely little birdy chirruping and the spring breeze drift through the house, and I've decided to spring clean the entire kitchen with some nice music on. Which I will also enjoy.

I know I wouldn't be relishing half of those things half as much had it been pissing it down.

However, I also know that I was already in a good mood and high of spirits. I know this because I do a daily mood test thingy and the last time I did it I was at 87% which is pretty high.  So, has the jolly weather made me jolly or has my already being jolly made me jolly well appreciate the jolly weather even more?

I'm going for the latter. I'm pretty sure that if I was in a bad, sad, or disgruntled mood today, the weather would have just annoyed me. I'd have been too hot. Or there'd have been too many people in town. I'd have snarled at the 'idiots in shorts'. Or I'd have wailed at the sun who'd surely come out only to mock me in my despair.

And actually, had it been raining, in my happy mood I'd have probably just splashed through the puddles in glee and laughed at my ratty hair slapped across my face. Or so I'd like to think anyway.

Which led me to think of the children's song:

Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not,
whether the weather be cold
or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not!

Well I definitely like it today. And I say balls to bad moods when it's like this outside! I shall be singing a different song instead:

The sun has got his hat on
Hip hip hip hooray
The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out to play!

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please do join in the chat...feedback makes me happy!